This blog is about love despite a prenatal diagnosis, grief & healing after baby loss, hope, faith, pregnancy after loss and Hydrops Fetalis awareness.

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Thanksgiving

Last weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving.  Usually, at my family meal gathering, we each take a turn saying what we are thankful for.  I was not quite sure what I would say this year.  I have so much to be thankful to God for.  First, this whole journey with Lily has brought me closer to the Lord.  I have learned how important it is to trust Him at all times.  I have experienced His mercy, love and comfort more in 9 months than in my whole life.  Then, my wonderful husband and my precious children, including Lily in heaven.  And for my health, after being so scared for my uterus and the fact that I am still able to nurse my almost 3 year old.  And then all the material things that God says that he will provide for us,(Matthew 6:26), our house is bigger this year and this makes our lives so much easier and peaceful.   I could go on and on and the truth is, I am truly thankful and my heart really wants to praise the One who chose me to be Lily's mommy.  I am still deaply missing my baby every single day but I am so comforted that she is in His glorious presence waiting for us to come Home to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Children are a gift from God, babies are a reward." Ps 127.3