This blog is about love despite a prenatal diagnosis, grief & healing after baby loss, hope, faith, pregnancy after loss and Hydrops Fetalis awareness.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

I am a mother of 6

Last evening my daughter had a mini piano concert (only a few students).  The piano teacher was hosting this cozy event at her house with the support of her husband.  I had brought along all my kids which took a lot of the seats available!  Anyway, I was taken off guard at that moment when the husband asked: " You have 6 children don't you?"  I wondered if he remembered Lily died.  I didn't matter, he was acknowledging that I had carried her in my womb.   I simply answered I did and that the last one was in heaven.  Then he went on and asked, just like someone would naturally ask a mother with a little one in her arms: "How old is she?"  I think my eyes brightened up with a special spark of pure joy!  I got to tell someone, who genuinely wanted to know, how old my baby was in Heaven!...
That man doesn't know it but he made my day and probably the next few days or even weeks so much easier and less lonely for me.  He even introduced me as a mother of 6 to the people that came in...
It hurts when people say I have 5 kids.  I carried my 6th child 24 week and 3 days.  I had morning sickness during more than 3/4 of my pregnancy with Lily.  I had a sweet baby bump, I felt her kick.  I rocked her, sang to her, told her I loved her.  I was in labor for 11 hours and I cut her umbilical cord.  I held her in my arms and then, I had to let her go.  A few days after, my body started producing milk.   I did not dream all this.  She is my child.  I have 6 children.

How I would love to let that man know how his words were healing...I hope I get to...

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Children are a gift from God, babies are a reward." Ps 127.3