This blog is about love despite a prenatal diagnosis, grief & healing after baby loss, hope, faith, pregnancy after loss and Hydrops Fetalis awareness.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Turning the page...

Here I am.  The year 2012 is almost over.  What a year!  2012, Lily's year.  I have learned a lot in the last year.  I have learned that I control nothing.  I have learned how important it is to trust God more than anything.  I have learned how painful it is to lose a child.  I have learned so much about grief.  Tomorrow, I will turn the page, I will change my calendar, 2012 will be over.  I have mixed feelings about leaving 2012 behind because as much as it held pain and sorrow, it also held love and hope.  For the year 2013, I know I still have a lot to learn.  I have hopes.  Hopes that Lily's short life will still speak about love, about how God has worked in my life because of her.  Hopes that God will continue to heal our broken hearts.   Hopes for a "rainbow"...

My middle child gave me this ornament for Christmas.  He chose it for me at Santa's Shoppe (a fund raiser at school) He told me it reminded him of Lily, he knew it would remind me of her too because of her middle name...Hope!  Reminding me it did!  It is also a reminder of so much more... Hope in Christ because God sent his Son Jesus on this earth as a baby so that all our sins could be erased, forgiven, because later He died and then, came back to life.  Hope because He promised He would carry us through our trials, He promised a future filled with hope.

"God is our refuge and strength. A very present help in trouble" Psalm 46:1

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"  Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, such a precious thing when our sunshine's continue to bring to light our angel in remembrance ♥ What a sweet way to have a part of Lily with you at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

"Children are a gift from God, babies are a reward." Ps 127.3