This blog is about love despite a prenatal diagnosis, grief & healing after baby loss, hope, faith, pregnancy after loss and Hydrops Fetalis awareness.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Capture Your Grief--Day 25: #SayItOutLoud

I recently read an article that touched my heart because I knew the mother's heart break.  And then something I could totally relate to knowing Lily would not stay.  It did feel like I "had done all this for nothing" and it is even something I struggled with for many months after she died.  And the following words finally brought some healing to my heart:
" Some have wondered why she’d put herself through a pregnancy and birth when she knew she’d go home with empty arms. “It isn’t all for nothing,” she says. “You can still love that baby, protect that baby and give that baby a peaceful goodbye. That’s not nothing.” "

This is exactly what I did, what we did.  Lily was loved, protected and left this world without knowing any different.

This is what I am saying out loud: Carrying to term after a fatal diagnosis;  “It isn’t all for nothing, you can still love that baby, protect that baby and give that baby a peaceful goodbye. That’s not nothing.” by Amy Kuebelbeck




No comments:

Post a Comment

"Children are a gift from God, babies are a reward." Ps 127.3