This blog is about love despite a prenatal diagnosis, grief & healing after baby loss, hope, faith, pregnancy after loss and Hydrops Fetalis awareness.

Thursday, October 03, 2013

Capture Your Grief--Day 3: Myths



Having #1-2-3-4-5 and #7 will never replace #6.  Lily is our 6th child.  I could already see where her car seat was going to fit in our mini-van.  I could picture her crib in the room she would share with a sibling when she would be old enough.  I could imagine her birthday parties in July, serving corn on the cob and hot dogs on a hot summer day.  She is the baby that I didn't bring home.  She is missing.

Having other children does not take away the heartache.  Having other children helps you get out of bed every day, they keep you going because you have to.  But they cannot replace Lily.  They hurt too, they lost a sister, we grieve together.  They helped me smile again and each and everyone is unique and couldn't be replaced.  This is also true for Lily.

Having a Rainbow baby does not make you forget.  It reminds you every second that life is fragile and to be thankful for it.  A rainbow baby brought me comfort but Lily is still missing.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing, Naomi. I am so sorry for your loss. My name is Heather and I was wondering if you could answer a question I have about your blog. My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete

"Children are a gift from God, babies are a reward." Ps 127.3