This blog is about love despite a prenatal diagnosis, grief & healing after baby loss, hope, faith, pregnancy after loss and Hydrops Fetalis awareness.

Saturday, October 05, 2013

Capture Your Grief--Day 5: Memory

This topic is hard for me to share about with the pictures that were taken that night/morning so I am using this one:


These are the stairs I climbed a few hours after I had to let go of my baby's lifeless body.  One of the things I remember the most is the euphoria and pride of finally holding Lily in my arms after 11 hours of labor, the last ones having been crazy intense because of the artificial induction and having done it without any pain medication. Then, having to take the horrible decision to part with her, she was already gone but I still felt like I was abandoning her.  I couldn't bring myself to share the picture of that moment for now.  This picture represents the emptiness I felt for months after losing Lily.

I have many more memories that I will always cherish and keep forever in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Children are a gift from God, babies are a reward." Ps 127.3