This blog is about love despite a prenatal diagnosis, grief & healing after baby loss, hope, faith, pregnancy after loss and Hydrops Fetalis awareness.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Capture Your Grief--Day 8: Color

When I found out I was pregnant, I was secretly hoping for a baby girl and my kids were hoping for a girl out loud!  Why not hope to even the genders?   Because it didn't really matter and because we like having the surprise at birth, we decided not to find out, despite a fatal prognosis.  Pink is classic I know, but I love it for Lily.  Maybe because to me it makes it more obvious I am the mother of 3 girls. When I had my oldest girl, I don't remember why, I didn't care so much for that color.  With years, after 2 boys, I changed my mind and promised myself I would get lots of pink if I had another girl and I did for my 4rth and I loved it!  Pink is sweet, soft and delicate just as I like to imagine Lily in Heaven.  When God paints the sky pink at sunrise or sunset, it always reminds me of my girl who soars completely surrounded by His light and glory...

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Children are a gift from God, babies are a reward." Ps 127.3