This blog is about love despite a prenatal diagnosis, grief & healing after baby loss, hope, faith, pregnancy after loss and Hydrops Fetalis awareness.

Friday, April 03, 2015

Our Precious Baby



Isaiah 49:1 "Before I was born the LORD called me. He
knew my name when I was still in my mother's womb"






We chose Lily's name during the next few days following her diagnosis of severe Hydrops in March 2012. We had kept the gender a surprise despite it all, so we had a girl and a boy name written on the white board in our kitchen. Every time I got to listen to her heartbeat, it was strong and there was no way to predict when the fluid surrounding her heart would be too much for it keep going on. Lily was due in July. Little did we know that God would call her Home in April and she would be our "Easter lily" born still on the morning of Easter, the holiday of Hope! 
2 years, 11 months, 3 week and 4 days, after saying "hello" and "goodbye" to our 6th baby, I still believe God has plan for each one of our lives, even those who never took a breath on this side of Heaven. There is so much more I would have loved to write and say on this small stone... but the top line sums it up: 'Notre Bébé d'Amour'  could be translated 'Our Precious Baby'.   Lily was and still is precious and loved. She deserved to be given every chance at life and she deserved to be carried with love and hope.
It comforts me and gives me hope to know that one day, I will hold my baby girl again! The Bible says that when we believe in Jesus Christ and confess our sins, by grace we are saved… Jesus died on the cross for us to give us life…and to give us the hope he rose. Do you have this hope of eternal life in heaven?




Lily's stone marker (& the first snow of 2014!)












Here is one of my favorite Easter song. My kids also love it!






https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4uyNNDkEeI

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful stone and words! Praise God for the HOPE of Heaven knowing we get to see our babies again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful stone and words! Praise God for the HOPE of Heaven knowing we get to see our babies again.

    ReplyDelete

"Children are a gift from God, babies are a reward." Ps 127.3