This blog is about love despite a prenatal diagnosis, grief & healing after baby loss, hope, faith, pregnancy after loss and Hydrops Fetalis awareness.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Celebrating Lily year 2

I am feeling overwhelmed this year.  I have a new baby and the dance between pure joy and grief has been demanding.  I also do not have much inspiration as for how and what to do to remember this year.

So a simple meal and cake with my children's grand-parents is what I settled on.  But some family members decided that they didn't want to have anything to do with it and refused to come.  I was very hurt by their attitude and reaction.  My children also didn't understand.  I had to fight with anger and bitterness so that this day could remain what it was, a celebration.  I realized that I couldn't force anyone to see things as I did, even if to me it is obvious to me that every life has value and there is nothing wrong in remembering and honoring a short life that never got the chance to be celebrated.



"Children are a gift from the LORD"
Psalm 127:3

My friend Jenn sent me a very pretty card...her continuous support is priceless!  God knew I needed her throughout this grief journey...



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Children are a gift from God, babies are a reward." Ps 127.3