This blog is about love despite a prenatal diagnosis, grief & healing after baby loss, hope, faith, pregnancy after loss and Hydrops Fetalis awareness.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Celebrating Lily year 1


A year ago, I could not have imagined what where we are now would be.  How does a parent remember and celebrate a child that lives in Heaven?  Do we have to reduce this day to silence because no one is there to blow out the candle?  This day is about the day that I pushed her out, that I met her little lifeless body, that I held my baby, my gift from God, with pride and joy.  She is not less important because, on this Earth she only lived in my womb.  This is her day and we will celebrate the short life, the life that was hers, that she was given by her Maker.

Navigating through this journey of grief during the last 12 months, I found  that creativity through the art of photography was healing for me.  The beauty and magnificence of nature also brings me much comfort, especially sunsets or even the blue sky in general.  It blows my mind that God's creation can bring comfort to the brokenhearted! 

So, I asked friends and other bereaved mothers if they could take a picture of the sunrise/sunset or simply the sky seen from where they live and send it to me in remembrance of Lily.  The love & support  I received was priceless!





































baked and decorated a cake just like I always do for my children on their birthday. My mom used to do this also, I loved the details of the icing!  I kept it simple this time because of the low energy I had both physically and emotionally.

We also invited my children's grand-parents for a meal and some birthday cake.








"Lord, I will give thanks to you with all my heart. 
I will tell about all the wonderful things you have done."

Psalm 9:1



I am glad we could pause and make this day special because it truly was a unique day in 2012! My children also liked how we chose to remember and celebrate the memory of their baby sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Children are a gift from God, babies are a reward." Ps 127.3